[Linux-cluster] Clumanager and Chkconfig

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 13:11:01 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Should clumanager be set to automatically start on all nodes?  I have
a 2 node cluster (+ quorum) were if I kill an interface, the cluster
fails over and the failed node reboots.  However, the node rejoins the
cluster automatically - should this happen?

# chkconfig --list clumanager
clumanager      0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

This is in chkconfig because I ran chkconfig --add clumanager.

On another cluster, I have not run this, but this is currently in
production so I can't test failover.

My feeling was that Oracle should transfer to the other node, and
clustat should shown one node is inactive, and should be started
manually.

Does this seem right?

S.