[Linux-cluster] No storage cluster configuration

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Thu Aug 17 19:29:53 UTC 2006

How many other technologies are being kept out of redhat
because of 'deep seated hatred of elite engineers'?

I am forced to sell (non-gfs based) fileservers with SLES9 simply
because
there is no XFS support in RHEL4. Or I have to go the centos route which
has the centos-plus packages that reintroduce XFS, but then I can't sell
redhat's support contracts.

Same for desktops with proper KDE integration.

Now DRDB I did not know about but am certainly curious about - the last
time I
investigated that approach was with nbd / dnbd and did not result in a
lot
of confidence or the feeling that it was actively maintained.

Michael Will
PS: Love RHEL4 because of CS and GFS