Re: [Linux-cluster] how to confirm GFS quotas are disabled

Riaan van Niekerk wrote:
According to this document:
https://rpeterso.108.redhat.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=99
you can get a 5% performance increase by disabling quotas on GFS.

(I am not taking this as gospel, but every couple of percentage points helps)

According to the GFS manual
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/browse/rh-gfs-en/s1-manage-quota.html#S2-MANAGE-QUOTAACCOUNT
you do this using the following syntax:

gfs_tool settune /mnt/gfs quota_account 0

How do I confirm that quotas have been disabled?
An indirect (to me) way is to run 'gfs_quota list -f /mnt/gfs' and check if the values in the last field change or not. Nothing in the output of 'gfs_tool quota /mnt/gfs' jumped out at me to say if it is enabled or not

I was hoping there is a more elegant way to check this.

tnx
Riaan
Hi Riaan,

I think you want:
gfs_tool gettune /mnt/gfs1/ | grep quota_enforce
where /mnt/gfs1/ is your mounted gfs fs, but I haven't actually verified it in the code...

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite