[Linux-cluster] iLO device as fencing device

Coman Iliut comaniliut at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 20:26:47 UTC 2006

We are using it, too with good results. We had to write our own fencing
method. The one supplied is too slow. ILO allows you to send a RESET command
that is faster.

Also, we wanted a more efficient use of the secure socket (the default
fence_ilo lets the socket time out, then reconnects, etc) and we wanted to
detect the case when node 1 cannot access the ILO of node 2 because node 2
is not there anymore (powered off, for example) or because node 1 lost
network access.

Coman

On 11/22/06, Fabrizio Lippolis <fabrizio.lippolis at aurigainformatica.it>
wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> does anybody has experience configuring the HP iLO (Integrated
> Lights-Out) device as fencing device? How does it work?
>
> Fabrizio

Coman ILIUT

Mitel Networks
Ottawa, ON