[Linux-cluster] CLVMD

Kevin Nelson knelson at glasshouse.com
Mon May 8 10:15:31 UTC 2006

Setting up a cluster using RedHat ES4 Update 3. Installed cluster software (now running system config cluster 1.0.25), then installed GFS (6.1). Device mapper and LVM2 were part of the RedHat install. I have a cluster up and running, I can create a volume group, a logical volume and then a GFS volume. Read write fine. What I cannot do is share it in the cluster, CLVMD is not installed, the only information I can find to install is as part of the LVM2 make which allows you to make LVM2 with cluster options and CLVM but this fails on the ./configure

Would appreciate any help if possible or if you need any further information let me know.
Thank you

Kevin Nelson
Systems Integration Consultant

GlassHouse Technologies (UK)
THE GLOBAL LEADER IN INDEPENDENT STORAGE SERVICES
Tel:    +44 1932 428812
Mob:  +44 7767 302108
Fax:   +44 2392 498853

http://www.glasshouse.com

Mailto:knelson at glasshouse.com

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please accept our apology. We should be obliged if you would telephone the sender on the above number or email them by return. Thank you.