[Linux-cluster] Graceful Degradation

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 20:16:08 UTC 2007

--- Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:

> in

> at
> >> manual
> as
> >> could
> >> shared
> client,
> >> so
> has
> similar.
> >> so
> >> I have Dell servers, but nothing that can be used
> >> monitor them.
> > So, those servers do not have support for DRAC or
> IPMI
> > ? that is sad
> > if they do, well, I guess you can reboot them
> remotely
>
> They do have DRAC support, but I don't see how that
> can be used for
> monitoring/fencing. Am I missing something?
I hear that you can give an IP to DRAC (bios?) and
through the DRAC interfase you can reboot, poweroff
and poweron the server
yesterday I search in google about DRAC reboot and I
got some nice pages

then use the fence_drac script to fence the devices
I use that script to fence the blades in an DELL
enclousure.

cu
roger

RedHat Certified ( RHCE )