[Linux-cluster] what is it "the same network path"?

Stepan Kadlec skadlec at gk-software.com
Wed Nov 19 14:03:37 UTC 2008

hello,
what is it "the same network path" - mentioned in
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#two_node_correct ?

I have two node cluster using HP iLO fencing. the iLO interfaces are
connected in separate VLAN and the interfaces used for CMAN
communication are connected to another VLAN (but both provided by single
switch).

do I need quorum disc for such configuration?

currently I don't use quorum disc and the nodes easily end in fence loop
(if not booted in exactly same time) - is this because I am breaking
"the same network path" rule? why?

bye stepan.