[Linux-cluster] iscsi doubt

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:29:13 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a 2-nodes cluster. I have a shared partition mounted via iscsi. Only
one node is active at a time but I see that when I write in one node in the
other node I cant see the files created,

ie:

node1
  /dev/sda                972404    107592    815416  12% /iscsivol

node2
/dev/sda                972404    107596    815412  12% /iscsivol

 first the numbers are different and /dev/sda is the same partition. When I
create a file with

#touch test
root at node2 iscsivol]# ll
total 24
drwx------ 2 root  root  16384 mar 23 17:25 lost+found
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root      0 abr 20 10:39 test

in the other node:
[root at node1 iscsivol]# ll
total 24
drwx------ 2 root  root  16384 mar 23 17:25 lost+found

and after a time i get:
[root at node1 iscsivol]# ll
total 24
drwx------ 2 root  root  16384 mar 23 17:25 lost+found

the filesystem on it is ext3 and I dont want to implement gfs.

Is necessary any special configuration to update de iscsi targets when one
client writes to it and with correct info?

Thanks in advance

ESG