[Linux-cluster] Issue with KDE with kernel later than 2.6.18-53.1.21

We are seeing a very strange issue with KDE with all kernels later than 2.6.18-53.1.21 on our cluster nodes. When users attempt to log into the machine using KDE, it never makes it to the KDE splash screen. The machine just hangs on a solid blue screen. I can then restart the Xserver and login using Gnome, and it logs in without any issues. Unfortunately, for us, KDE is the standard desktop environment used by our development group. I can reboot the the cluster to the 2.6.18-53.1.21 kernel and both KDE and Gnome work as expected. Obviously, I'd prefer to be running the latest kernel. I will gladly provide more info if needed. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

Info about our cluster:
It is a 2 node cluster running Centos 5 with up to date patches. I am using the cluster as a NAS head to serve NFS mounts out to our network from an iscsi SAN.

Current running kernel:
2.6.18-53.1.21.el5  (Running this kernel so KDE logins work)

Most current installed kernel:
2.6.18-92.1.22.el5

Cluster packages:
lvm2-cluster-2.02.32-4.el5
cman-2.0.84-2.el5_2.3
gfs2-utils-0.1.44-1.el5_2.1
rgmanager-2.0.38-2.el5_2.1
begin:vcard
fn:Randy Brown
n:Brown;Randy
org:National Weather Service;Office of Hydrologic Development
adr:;;1325 East West Highway;Silver Spring;MD;20910;USA
email;internet:randy brown noaa gov
title:Senior Systems Administrator
tel;work:301-713-1669 x110
url:http://www.nws.noaa.gov/ohd/