[Linux-cluster] Moving clvm filesystem to lvm

Danny Wall Danny.Wall at health-first.org
Wed Feb 4 15:36:14 UTC 2009

I have RHEL 4.3 with RHCS and GFS in two nodes. It is currently
experiencing problems daily. When I try to ls on the directory, it never
finishes. Usually, it takes a few minutes to give the directory listing.
If I restart the cluster services, it begins working again.

I am in the process of building a new cluster based on RHEl 5, so I
would like to move the SAN GFS filesystem to a standalone server to stop
the daily problems. Will I have a problem since the filesystem was
created for a cluster using clvmd, and I want to move it to LVM2 on a
RHEL5 standalone server? My understanding is the clvm does not have any
different layout, it just communicates to other nodes, so this should
not be a problem.

Thanks
Danny Wall

#####################################
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain private, proprietary, or legally privileged information.
No privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you
receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it,
and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you
are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to
monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views
or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the
individual sender, except (1) where the message states such views
or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;  and (2) the sender
is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.