[Linux-cluster] Mirrored Clustered File Systems

Dave Craska craska at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 18:30:57 UTC 2009

I'm trying to set up a clustered mirror file system, running under RH 5.2.
I've been able to run the pvcreate and the vgcreate, but when I try and run the lvcreate I run into some issues:

[root at rdgasoem1p ~]# lvcreate -L 512MB -m1 --corelog -n cvg00_log cvg00
  Error locking on node rdgasoem1p.am.boehringer.com: device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid argument
  Error locking on node rdgasoem2p.am.boehringer.com: device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid argument
  Error locking on node rdgasoem1p.am.boehringer.com: device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid argument
  Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.

Does Red Hat support mirrored file system in a cluster environment?

Any help appreciated, Thanks in Advance.

Dave Craska