[Linux-cluster] NFS4 service?

Corey Kovacs corey.kovacs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 07:49:20 UTC 2009

After a lot of fighting with KDE and Firefox on a cluster exporting
home dirs via NFS3, I found out that NFS4 works like a charm. Then I
began to wonder why there seems to be no documentation on exporting
NFS4 filesystems via RHCS. Is there something I am missing? The only
way I could think of to do it was to have all the nodes export all the
filesystems simultaneously and have the IP's flip from node to node as
needed. If there is a way to have managed NFS4 style exports, then
how. If not, why? Are people just waiting for parallel NFS and not
bothering with nfs4 on clusters?

-C