[Linux-cluster] two nodes can't see eachother.

Antonio Dias accdias+cluster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 20:53:55 UTC 2009

Vincent,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 17:39, Vincent VIAL <vincent at vial.tv> wrote:
> I checked what you suggested but according to cman man page, broadcast is
> used by default and multicast is only used if a multicast parameter is given
> in the cluster.conf file.

I'm not sure but I believe that now the default is multicast. And if
so, the problem can be in the switch not letting igmp version packages
pass through.

I had this problem when deploying a RHEL5 cluster in a environment
using Cisco switches. Since I didn't have access to the switches
configuration, the workaround was to force my Linux boxes speaks igmp
version 2. You can try this on your boxes. Edit /etc/sysctl.conf e put
a line like this:

net.ipv4.conf.all.force_igmp_version = 2

And issue a "sysctl -p" or reboot your boxes.

--
Antonio Dias