[Linux-cluster] question about network config for fencing

yvette hirth yvette at dbtgroup.com
Tue Dec 21 19:31:59 UTC 2010

hi,

i've config'ed my DL 380 G6 four ethernet ports so that they are bonded
to "bond0", and my ILO devices are on the fence switch (separate switch).

i'm 99.9% sure this is wrong.

i'm thinking that eth0-2 and the ILO2 port should be on the same subnet,
and eth3 on a separate subnet (for the multicast fencing).  that way i
have fencing on a non-ILO2 ethernet port, and the ILO2 is accessible
from my main subnet.

could someone please share with me their network config for an HP
ILO-based server with four ports?  i'd really appreciate it!

thanks
yvette