[Linux-cluster] Interaction between cman quorum_dev_poll and totem token values

Don Hoover dxh at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 15:12:24 UTC 2010

We recently bumped out qdisk settings to have interval of 5 and tko of 10...that means that qdisk timeouts are now 50 seconds.  So we raised the totem token value to 100000 (100 secs) or 2x the qdisk timeout as recommended.

What I am not concerned with is won't we have problems with using the standard cman quorum_dev_poll of 10000?

What I am not sure is what it should be set to.  I have found good docs on the recommendations for the totem, and qdisk interactions, but not the cman poll settings.

Anyone know the guidelines/formula for cman quorum_dev_poll settings compared to totem?

Should it just be 'something larger than totem', 'twice the qdisk', 'twice the totem', or something else?