[Linux-cluster] Updating cluster.conf file under RHEL6

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 21:00:15 UTC 2010

Hi all,

  I have downloaded a trial RHEL6 DVD to test new cluster suite under this platform
(cman-3.0.12-23.el6_0.4.x86_64). After install one node, I have migrated some data
from my production's cluster that consists on two RHEL 5.5 nodes.

  All works ok (moving cluster.conf file, data, etc), except when I try to modify
and propagate new cluster.conf file. In RedHat's documentation says: "Run the
cman_tool version -r command to propagate the configuration to the rest of the
cluster nodes.". This procedure works if all nodes are up, but if I try to do this
with only one up returns this error:

Error: Unable to initialize the crypto subsystem.
cman_tool: ccs_sync failed.
If you have distributed the config file yourself, try re-running with -S

Trying "cman_tool version -S", returns:

6.2.0 config 3

This is an old version. With RHEL5.x I can use this command "ccs_tool update
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf" and all works ok if all nodes are up or not.

  Is not possible to update cluster.conf if all nodes aren't up?? This is a problem,
almost for me.

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez