[Linux-cluster] fence_vmware_ng fails: Solution found

Ofer Inbar cos at aaaaa.org
Mon Jan 24 22:59:24 UTC 2011

Gave up on fence_vmware_ng, because it turns out that the fence_vmware
supplied with cman-2.0.115-34 does work.  That was disguised by what
turned out to be a bug in VI Perl Toolkit.

Since I got no hits on Google when I looked for this, I'm putting this
here for the archive, and anyone else who happens to search...

| $sudo fence_vmware -a virtualcenter -l [username] -p [password] -o reboot -n [node]
| fence_vmware_helper returned Undefined subroutine &Opts::add_options called at /sbin/fence_vmware_helper line 82.

Find VMware/VIRuntime.pm and add this line:

|   package VMware::VIRuntime;
|
| + use VMware::VILib;
|   use VMware::VIM2Runtime;
|   use VMware::VIM2Stub;