[linux-lvm] LVM in the Linux kernel

Fernando Dammous ferdam at internetcom.com.br
Thu Dec 2 01:13:47 UTC 1999

Hi all,

Sometimes I am thinking and I fear for my conclusions:
Would not Linus Torvalds be the weakest link of that called Linux-Project?
How much of responsibility does he delegate to your closer and reliable
collaborators?
AFAIK, Alan Cox already included a patch of LVM in an of your ACs. What the
reaction of Linus? Alan's experience was not enough for him?
In relation to Linux, which the great innovations that will be present in
the kernel 24?
Which your attentions?  Plug 'n Play ?
Will it be that he doesn't think the inclusion of LVM (ASAP) is it so
important? What is important then?
To include in the stock kernel such an important subsystem for the  Linux's
community like LVM (and how many other?) is it being necessary every appeal
type.

I still have a lot of hope and trust.
Cheers,
Fernando Dammous