[linux-lvm] Re: Why would I want to have an LVM under Linux?

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Tue Dec 7 08:36:50 UTC 1999

Nicolas Brouard <brouard at ined.fr> wrote:
> But on small systems (and my original question concerned a laptop with only
> one physical IDE disk) the advantage of LVM is not so important if a tool
> like parted works well (Parted is similar on linux to Partition Magic on DOS
> or Windows).

It is. I have been working with AIX and Linux for about 6.5 years, and I
_love_ LVM. My Notebook runs with LVM, and it is particularly well suited
for small systems with limited HD space because you don't need to make one
big decision how to partition the disk :-) So for me, it _is_ important.

--
Uncle Ed's Rule of Thumb:
	Never use your thumb for a rule.  You'll either hit it with a