[linux-lvm] lvextend

Adam Crews acrews at cisco.com
Wed Dec 29 20:50:45 UTC 1999

Yes I do want one big lv.  I used lvm so that as I add disks I can just
grow the fs without needing to re-do md devices or things like that.

What I figured out is that you cannot extend a striped lv.  even if I have
2 partitions to add to a lv that has 2 stripes, I still cant extend the
volume.

I needed the space so I took a backup, re-created the lv, and just
concatinated it this time instead of the stripes.  so next time I add a
disk, I'll be able to grow the lv and fs.

-Adam