[linux-lvm] RAID and LVM?

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Sun Jul 25 22:29:23 UTC 1999

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 09:48:45AM +0200, Luca Berra wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 10:22:57PM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> > Anyway, back to the RAID+LVM saga.
> > So this has to be fixed soon anyway, and i'd love to be the guinea
> > pig. :)
> me too, i'll try something this weekend.
i love replying to myself :)))

i checked alan cox's linux-2.2.10-ac12 pacth wich includes
a heavily modified raid and lvm0.6 patch.
i added my devfs patch
http://www.comedia.it/bluca/lvm/devfs-patch-v99.4-2.2.10-ac12.gz
and i was able to create and use a vg on a raid 1 device

todo: adding the diffs to the latest raid and lvm patches,
		incremental diff for those can be found at
		http://www.comedia.it/bluca/lvm/
	checking autodetect, especially with both raid and
		lvm loaded as modules. raid autorun happens before
		and after initrd, now i need it during initrd.

but appling those is time consuming and i have to take a plane to
Amsterdam in six hours time, so i'll better get some sleep :))))
I'll try that next week when i am back in Italy.

Regards,
Luca

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
    Communications Media & Services S.r.l.