[linux-lvm] Bonehead problem

Klaus Strebel stb at ep-ag.com
Thu Mar 11 14:56:24 UTC 1999

Hi Olivier,

"Verloove, Olivier" wrote:

> I have the same problem (Linux 2.2.2 + LVM 0.6).
> With or without lvm module loaded, I get:
>         vgscan -- invalid i/o protocol version
>
> Is there another module which should be loaded at the same time ?
> lsmod gives me:
>         lvm     26960   0  (unused)
Do you have the char-device /dev/lvm (Major 109, Minor 0) ? The LVM-0.5 module
seems to create this device, if it doesn't exist. The LVM-0.6 seems not to do
this, i use devfs and i have to create the device each time before i load the
module.

Cheers
Klaus
--
Klaus Strebel
stb at ep-ag.com
EIGNER + PARTNER AG   - The Engineering Warehouse Company -
<http://www.ep-ag.com>