[linux-lvm] kernel panic.

theodore russell wickell twickell at indiana.edu
Tue Oct 5 19:45:50 UTC 1999

Hello,

I am getting a kernel panic when VFS tries to mount root on device 8.01. I
was assuming that all I had to do was compile kernel 2.2.12 with patch and
the modules and reboot. Is there a step before rebooting? Do I have to set
the partition id before rebooting. From the HOWTO I thought that all I had
to do was reboot then do the rest of the configuration. I'm alittle
confused so if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty Wickell					200 S. Jordan Ave.
Digital Library Sytem Administrator		Simon 060
Indiana University				Bloomington IN
812-856-5174					47405