Re: [linux-lvm] lvmcreate_initrd

Hi,

> I finally got my system to boot except for one problem. My ramdisk is too
> big! The lvmcreate_initrd tries to crete an initrd image of size 8192K but
> my ramdisks such as /dev/ram1 is only 4096K I believe. The library file
> libc.so.6 alone is 4017K. Am I doing something wrong? I have been trying

If you want to stay below the 4096 you may copy a stripped version of the
libc and the other needed libraries. This means you cannot read debug
information from the libc, but you don't need that in your initrd.

I created an initial ramdisk (just copied a script that created boot/root
disks) and mine is 1781KB including lvm tools, ash and some modules.

But you can also increase the ram disk size.

Rolf
--
Rolf Jakob at home (rjakob duffy1 franken de)
WWW : http://www.franken.de/users/duffy1/rjakob (KDE-Utils and CCS)