[linux-lvm] Modification to the LVM Petition...

Dominic J. Eidson sauron at the-infinite.org
Thu Sep 2 23:33:27 UTC 1999

Sorry for being so post-happy today, I promise I will go back to being a
lurker after this :)

I have updated the LVM Petition page, to try to correct for LWN's
misconceptions. Currently, the top part of the page (before the PRO/CON's)
reads:

   "As the Linux LVM matures, interest to have it included into the stable
   Linux kernel, increases. Currently, Alan Cox has added LVM to the
   2.2.10-ac? and 2.2.11-ac? patches, however we are interested in
   getting LVM into the main 2.3.x kernels, and hopefully the upcoming
   2.4 kernel(s). Heinz Mauelshagen inquired about this, and heard back
   that Linus wanted to wait before putting LVM into the kernel to see if
   enough people were interested. In order to facilitate this, we've
   opted to try to convince the supporters of LVM in the Linux kernel to
   sign a petition, which we then can present to Linus Torvalds, to show
   how people are indeed interested in seeing Linux finally have a LVM."

There is also a reference link pointing to Heinz's post where he heard
from Dirk Hohndel about Linus wanting to wait.. (In addition to the 2
links already present, the first being to http://linux.msede.com/lvm/, the
other being to the sign-up form at the end of the page).

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                         "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli