[linux-lvm] LVM viewer / manager APP

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Thu Apr 13 23:16:42 UTC 2000

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 06:29:34AM -0700, Tracy R Reed wrote:

> Hopefully one of these GUI apps can one day be used in a distributions GUI
> install process and we can have nice LVM disk management from day 1. It
> appears that there are two GUI's being worked on, is that correct? Is it
> necessary?

I'm not aware of the other one. I currently have two projects, one is the
stabelising of the lvm-viewer/lvm-manager, which currently has more features
than stability.

The other project is a a way to convert a filesystem 'in place' to a volume
group.

A third project could be to research if it is possible to get the Linux
kernel to boot from a logical volume, without using initrd.

Help is welcome!

Regards,

bert hubert.