Re: [linux-lvm] LVM and sw RAID1

I was just checking out pvcreate on my system, and it seems that LVM is doing
a bit more than it really should.  It appears that pv_get_size is actually
reading the partition table from the disk, but shouldn't this be left to
other code in the kernel (e.g. /proc/partitions or BLKGETSIZE ioctl)?

With the growing number of partition types that Linux supports, it makes
no sense for LVM to be doing things like this...

Cheers, Andreas