[linux-lvm] list announcements

lewis at sistina.com lewis at sistina.com
Thu Dec 7 15:03:29 UTC 2000

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 02:47:16AM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 05:15:03PM -0600, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> > Hi all, it's your friendly neighborhood list admin again we have a new list
> > for you posting pleasure. Please subscribe to lvm-devel for general
> > development related discussion. linux-lvm at sistina.com will remain but will be
> > for user questions and support.
> >
> > Also I get alot of posts that require my intervention from non-subscribers.
> > This is an anti spam measure. Please send me a mail if you would like to post
> > from addresses that are not subscribed and encourage people who post to
> > subscribe as I do not wish to open the list to posts from non-subscribers
> > (unless you guys like spam :-)
>
> ... it just makes it impossible to have technical discussions with people
> not subscribed cc'ed to the list. Also users cannot send bug reports
> without subscribing, which I would consider unfortunate.

Isn't that what we have bugzilla for?  http://bugzilla.sistina.com has LVM
options now, and I think that is a better way to track and nail down bugs.
Heinz, could you comment on this?

--
AJ Lewis
Sistina Software Inc.                  Voice:  612-379-3951
Minneapolis, MN 55414                  E-Mail: lewis at sistina.com
Current GPG fingerprint = 3B5F 6011 5216 76A5 2F6B  52A0 941E 1261 0029 2648

Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.