Re: [linux-lvm] How do you mount a snapshot?

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 03:39:11AM -0800, Tracy R Reed wrote:

> [root computer /usr2]# mount -t reiserfs /dev/vg-sdb1/snapshot /snap/
> mount: block device /dev/vg-sdb1/snapshot is write-protected, mounting read-only
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/vg-sdb1/snapshot,
>        or too many mounted file systems

Unless they have changed it (possible), reiserfs does not support ro
hardware for mounting unless the filesystem was unmounted cleanly. The
reason is that to make the FS consistant the journal has to be replayed
which necessarily _writes_ to the device. This cannot work on an ro device.

-dg

--
David Gould                                                 dg suse com
SuSE, Inc.,  580 2cd St. #210,  Oakland, CA 94607          510.628.3380