[linux-lvm] devfs

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Thu Dec 14 15:41:53 UTC 2000

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 09:17:41PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> It appears that devfs is not supported in LVM at this time (but I can't be
> certain because I haven't got it going properly yet).  What are the plans for
> devfs support?

this is not exact, there is some devfs support in lvm 0.9, or
0.8 in kernels >= 2.4.0-test8, but it does not work!!!

i had to patch the lvm tools so they don't remove the /dev/<vgname> directory

also from my brief testing it seems that devfs tries to create the
/dev/vg/group node when activating the vg (while this should be done
during vgscan), but does not create the lv defice files.

Regards,
L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.