[linux-lvm] Upgrade path from 0.8i to 0.9?

Russell Coker bofh at coker.com.au
Sun Dec 17 08:40:56 UTC 2000

On Saturday 16 December 2000 18:48, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> We are planning to upgrade a production server tomorrow. As we have to
> build a new kernel anyway I would like to upgrade the LVM code from 0.8i
> to 0.9.
>
> I just tried the same thing on a test system and I was unable to get it
> working. After installing the new kernel I installed the lvm Debian
> package from sistina.com (which removed /etc/lvmtab and /etc/lvmtab.d)
> and tried to reactivate the volumes. This is what I get:

I should have this sort of thing working cleanly from the Debian packaging
part within 2 weeks.  This includes having /etc/lvmtab and /etc/lvmtab.d
owned by the lvm-common package which won't need to be upgraded (except for
when man pages change).  Also upgrading lvm-common won't trash things because
they will be registered as conffiles.

Please try out my test packages of 0.8.1 on http://www.coker.com.au/lvm/ on a
test machine (NOT A PRODUCTION SERVER) and let me know how they go.