[linux-lvm] Configuring boot partition with LVM

Jos Visser josv at osp.nl
Mon Feb 7 16:37:50 UTC 2000

>  Lilo
> should also learn how to boot a kernel fom a striped volume...

Hi,

I don't think you fully appreciate the request you're making here.
Commercial Unices such as HP-UX and Solaris can not boot from striped
volumes for about the same reasons why it would be difficult to have
LILO read from a striped volume: the implications are just too
horrendous to comtemplate.

Typically I don't care that my boot partition/lv can not be striped. The
I/O rates into that volume are just not high enough to need striping.
Why not put our efforts to something else which is more important right
now.?

++Jos

--
All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto
the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.