[linux-lvm] Configuring boot partition with LVM

Jos Visser josv at osp.nl
Mon Feb 7 18:46:15 UTC 2000

In HP-UX, your boot lvol (/stand) must be an HFS, and it must *not* be
striped. It may be mirrored, but to boot from the mirrored lvol you must
create a complete secondary boot disks (using pvcreate -B and then after
having created the mirrors running lvlnboot).

In my opinion, mirroring should be made a part of the LVM because then
the LVM will be in complete control of the mirrors, which allows other
nice things such as lvsplit/lvmerge and others.

++Jos