[linux-lvm] extending a striped LV

James Pattinson jamesp at aethos.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 01:15:12 UTC 2000

Hi...

Just ran into a problem trying to extend /opt on my system. /opt is
/dev/vg00/lvol5 (yeah I work with HPUX!! :) ) and it's currently striped
across 2 disks on my system that has 4 disks total (8GB 4GB 4GB 6GB).

When I tried to extend it from 512MB to 640MB, the command failed because
one of the discs that /opt resides on is full. However there is over 10GB
free in the entire VG so is it possible to tell lvextend to use a
different disk, or can it only be extended on the same two disks?

Cheers

James