[linux-lvm] Subject: LVM and Debian (fwd)

Michael Marxmeier mike at msede.com
Sat Jan 29 01:22:11 UTC 2000

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:13:51 -0500
From: Amrit Pal Singh <abamrah at idirect.com>
Subject: LVM and Debian

I am trying to install LVM v0.7 on my debian box. I have tried with
Kernel 2.2.13, 2.2.14, and 2.3.40 but nowhere I could find a
configuration option that I can select to enable support for LVM.
Though
in the Install instructions for LVM, it says get a kernel >=2.2.10-ac2
and also in step 8

"Omit this step if you choosed yes for LVM instead of module in "make
config".

   Put an "insmod lvm" into your startup script OR extend
/etc/conf.modules by

      alias block-major-58      lvm
      alias char-major-109      lvm

   to enable modprobe to load the LVM module (enable kerneld/kmod)."

But when I do "make /config/menuconfig/xconfig", I do not see any
option
for LVM. Am I missing something?

Regards.

Amrit