[linux-lvm] Trouble 2.2.14 setup - unresolved symbol lvm_map_ptr (My first time)

Chris Anderson chris at alwan.com
Sun Jan 30 00:26:37 UTC 2000

Started from scratch (new kernel code and lvm patch) and got it to work.
At least that part.  Now I am getting a core dump.  I will work this out
too I guess.

I use veritas every other day in my job as a DBA and it works real nice.
I wish the install for LVM was as easy.  If this stuff does get into the
common source I hope others get it running much easier then I.  Is this
stuff ready for prime time? (Doc, programs and all)

My current state is below:

$ vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- no volume groups found

$ pvcreate /dev/hda8
pvcreate -- reinitializing physical volume
pvcreate -- physical volume "/dev/hda8" successfully created

$ vgcreate main_vg /dev/hda8
Segmentation fault (core dumped)