Re: [linux-lvm] RH 6.2 kernel problem with 0.8i

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 03:03:08AM +0200, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:
> "Eric M. Hopper" wrote:
>
>>         I figured out my problem.  It's the RAID patches that RH adds.
>>
>>         RH adds a LOT of patches to the stock kernel.  Someone suggested
>> grabbing a stock kernel and using that, but a lot of the RH patches are
>> ones I really want, and I don't want to sift through them carefully
>> figuring out which ones.
>>
>>         So, I grabbed the kernel source RPM, used rpm2cpio on it,
>> unpacked the cpio, and then used patch -R (what a wonderful tool) to
>> reverse the patches I didn't want out of the kernel source tree RH
>> ships.
>>
>>         After that, the LVM patches applied just fine.  I only wanted
>> RAID0 anyway, and LVM does that just fine by itself.  :-)

	BTW, I should've mentioned the patches I had to back out.  These
are what they were named in the kernel SRPM.

linux-2.2.12-PIII-xor.patch
linux-2.2.14-sparc-raid.patch
raid-2.2.14-B1.gz

	I believe the patches have to be reverse applied in the given
order.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet