[linux-lvm] "Satble" Release for 2.4.xx?

Michael Marxmeier mike at msede.com
Tue May 16 23:05:16 UTC 2000

> When Linus opens the 2.4.xx tree will there be an official stable LVM
> included?

Yes, likely. LVM has been merged in the main kernel line since 2.3.47.
SuSE does include LVM configuration already since two releases.
I have no idea about other distributions.

OTOH LVM has been very stable for me since i started using some time
ago. Besides some bug shakeout in the lvm user mode tools and some
merging issues with the new RAID code it should not cause problems.

Hope this helps
Michael

--
Michael Marxmeier           Marxmeier Software AG
E-Mail: mike at msede.com      Besenbruchstrasse 9