Re: [linux-lvm] Exporting VG

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 11:34:25AM +0100, Xavi Fustero wrote:
> I have 3 computers: N1, N2 and N3.
> N1 has 3 disks  (vg1)
> N2 has 1 disk   (vg2)
> N3 has 1 disk   (vg3)
> I built a Volume group on each machine, now what I would like to do is
> to unify these volume groups under a new one volume group visible from
> all the 3 machines  (new_vg=vg1 + vg2 + vg3). Is this possible ???
> Let me know if anybody tried this.

	No, it isn't with LVM.

	You probably want (Global File System) or GFS.  Though I think
that one tends to assume that your storage is actually free-floating on
a Fibre Channel network, not attached to particular machines.

	LVM doesn't do stuff over a network by itself.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton