[linux-lvm] 0.9 next week?! Cool!

Chewie chewie at wookimus.net
Sat Nov 11 18:11:51 UTC 2000

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 01:13:48PM +0000, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:
> > How long will it take before 0.9 arrives?
> I am planing for next monday :-)

Woohoo!  Thankyou, Heinz, for your hard work!

I have a request for you.  *PLEASE* don't use odd version names like
0.9final, or Linus' faux paux with the "-test10-pre8" horror. ;-)
Have you considered using a kernel-like versioning rule, where the
minor (second) number is odd for development branch and even for the
stable branch.  Yes, 0.7.131 may seem quite boring, but when 0.8 rolls
around, we'll know it's the first of the stable versions.  Any 0.8.x
versions would obviously be patch fixes to the stable version.

Regardless, have you been holding out with 0.9 for so long because
you'd like it to be "stable" from its release point?  With that in
mind, would you consider releasing 0.9 as 0.10?

Again, thanks!

--
Chad "^chewie, gunnarr" Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>
             http://www.wookimus.net/