Re: [linux-lvm] Error -154 can't get data from VG

I guess that even when your / is in an LV, it still has to be (or most
probably will be) contiguous on the disk? This would mean that you
could handforge a partition table entry that maps exactly the root file
system. The size does not even matter (make it the rest of the disk),
as long as the start sector is allright. Such a partition table entry
would allow you to mount the /, even though it is in an LV.

I remember that, doing a cat /proc/lvm would show me that the only contiguous LV was swap (I explicitly set it do be contiguous). But this could be a good idea. Could any one confirm if this is possible?

If you want a good set of recovery tools, download an ISO image of the
LinuxCare bootable business card (http://www.linuxcare.com/bootable_cd)
and burn it on a CD. You then have at least a serious amount of tools to
help you in the repair.

Humm. Thanks for the tip. I'll try this one.

Bruno.