Re: [linux-lvm] What if...

Patrick writes:
> If I have a VG over 3 harddisks and one logical volume using all the VG
> space, then what will happen if one harddisk fails? Is the whole date lost,
> or only the data which was stored on the failed disk?

If you have ext2 on the disks, and the last one fails then you _may_ be
able to get back most of the data on the first two disks.  However, it is
a lot easier to get your data back from a backup.  You can use RAID 5 to
help with single disk failures, but it still isn't a substitute for a
backup.

Cheers, Andreas