Re: [linux-lvm] lvdisplay disagrees with df for resized LV

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 05:28:22PM +0100, Andy Cowling wrote:
> Thanks to all for your help. I'm using reiserfs and on SuSE 7.0, the
> resize utility was hidden away in /sbin/resize_reiserfs.
> I have resized the file system to 90G successfully but, there always a
> but isn't there :-), df now reports a total of 88Gb.
> Out of interest is this due to rounding or reisfer/LVM housekeeping ?

	It's due to Resierfs housekeeping.  That represents a 2.2%
overhead, for filesystem housekeeping, which isn't too bad.  I'm a
little surprised it's that large.  I wouldn't be if it were ext2, and
would actually expect it to be more, but it's certainly within the realm
of reasonableness.

Have fun (if at all possible),
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton
-- Eric Hopper (hopper omnifarious mn org http://www.omnifarious.org/~hopper) --