[linux-lvm] LVM and HW Raid

Rochelle Lakey RLakey at Connex.com
Thu Oct 12 20:20:54 UTC 2000

Hello All,
My original message still has not been posted.
I'm resending just in case.
Thank you,
Rochelle

-----Original Message-----
From: Rochelle Lakey
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 12:06 PM
To: LVM Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: Help: LVM and HW Raid

Hello,

I am having trouble using HW RAID implementation with LVM.
Using steps in the INSTALL file, I have added the necessary
commands to the startup and halt scripts.  The problem is
upon system startup (after issuing shutdown or reboot) the
volume groups and logical volumes are in a "bad" state.  I have
to use vgcfgrestore in order to get them recognized and activated
again.  Note: My volume groups, logical volumes and data are
successfully deactivated and reactived when running a system
without HW RAID implementation.

My question is there another command or anything I should be aware
of so that this does not happen during system shutdown or reboot?

Thanks,
Rochelle Lakey