Re: [linux-lvm] lv inactive after reboot

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 09:02:55PM -0400, S. Michael Denton wrote:

> If it hasn't already been mentioned, perhaps you could suggest to
> Heinz:
>
> The ability to do raid, specifically raid1, with LVM should be
> included if linux LVM is to mimic the LVM used on HPUX; perhaps
> merging linux md tools/drivers with lvm tools/drivers?

	I could do without this ability.  RAID, other than RAID0 should
be done in hardware, or you're fooling yourself about reliability.  The
only reason to do any RAID besides RAID0 is reliability, so why pick an
option that so clearly doesn't work?  LVM already does RAID0.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton