[linux-lvm] using previously created lvm

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Fri Oct 20 13:41:24 UTC 2000

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 01:07:12PM +0100, Frank Wray wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to move a volume group from
> the HPUX 10.20 box that it was created on
> to a Linux box. The logical volumes are
> all of type HFS and currently on a single
> physical volume.
No way, the format of PV under HP-UX and linux are different,
besides Linux does not support HFS Filesystems.
you have to backup all data on the HP9000 then restore on
the linux.
Besides HP9000 mainly use scsi differential disks, which
do not work with Scsi single-ended controllers found on PCs

Regards,
L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
    Communication Media & Services S.r.l.