[linux-lvm] LVM and DRDB

Martin K. Petersen mkp at linuxcare.com
Fri Apr 20 16:13:42 UTC 2001

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey B Layton <jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com> writes:

Wichert> How stable is XFS compared to ext3 and reiserfs? For this
Wichert> system minimum downtime is very important..

>> I mkfs.xfs'ed the / and /home filesystems on my primary workstation
>> on September 7th last year.

Jeffrey> What happens with I/O loads? (I've heard that XFS dies a
Jeffrey> nasty death - but that was early this year).

We're fine to the extent that 2.4 is fine.  The latter has had a few
rough edges but is getting better.

FWIW, at lot of people are using XFS in production now.  So do check
it out:

        http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp at linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/