Re: [linux-lvm] LVM with multi-path disks?

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 07:23:27AM +0200, Ragnar Kjørstad wrote:
> Pardon me for finding it amusing they call it Automatic Transparent
> Failover when it apperently is neither automatic nor transparent :-)

Actually, when installed properly on Solaris (easy to do) it actually is
automatic and transparent. I can shut down a RAID controller or yank the
fibre and it fails over to the other path and none of the applications
know it happened and the system keeps working as it should. We have it
installed on all of our Solaris systems with Clariion disk arrays. We have
never actually had a failover in production though. Overall it is very
nice but it is proprietary and expensive and requires a proprietary and
expensive Solaris or NT box to run it on.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org
Bill Gates to his broker: "You idiot, I said $150 million on