Re: [linux-lvm] Looking for recipe for LVM

On Tue, Aug 07 '01 at 15:33, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 08:54:11AM -0400, John Forrer comsat com wrote:
> Well, no-one else seems to be able to help so I'll try. I don't have RedHat 7
> but I've heard bad stories about people trying to patch RedHat kernels.
For your own sanity, you should NEVER try to add another patch to any
Linux Vendors kernel. Always start with a fresh kernel and collect your
bits and pices from the web (take only thous you realy need).
And now to contradict myselve, I could offer a highly patched 2.2.19 for
Trustix (and is someone gives me access to a dumpable redhat 7.1 system
I'll try to make my RPMs workable on redhat (But I've a lot of work to
do at the moment, so don't expect immidiat results)).
--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.