Re: [linux-lvm] Why can't I get more bandwidth by adding more disks?

Hallo list,

on Fri, 10 Aug 2001, James Mello (kingjamm colltech com) wrote:

> In this case instead of writing seqentially, you can use an a random call
> followed by an fseek to write a block or block(s) to a relatively random
> location. If I can get some time, I'll try to write something up. But I'd
> venture to say that someone out there has written a tool that already does
> this. Perhaps a google search may be in order.

If you don't mind, to do the test's on a filesystem (instead of raw
IO) you can use bonnie.  Raw IO benchmarks usually only matter for
Databases installed on raw devices...   For practical considerations
a filesystem and bonnie seem more appropriate.

CU,
   Stefan
--
Stefan Giessler                                       e-mail:
sgiessler gmx net

I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member.
                                                                -- Groucho
Marx